Health & Care Worker Visa

Health & Care Worker Visa

The Health and Care Worker Visa is open to qualified doctors, nurses and other health and adult social care professionals who wish to undertake an eligible job with the NHS, an NHS supplier or in adult social care.
The Health and Care Worker Visa can lead to settlement in the UK after 5 years and applicants can be joined by dependent partners and children.

Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) Requirement

In order to obtain a Health and Care Worker Visa you must have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for the job you are planning to do. This is an electronic record rather than a physical document.

Your Certificate of Sponsorship will need to have been issued by an employer that is authorised by the Home Office to sponsor the job in question under the Health and Care Worker route.


The typical employer will be the NHS, an organisation providing medical services to the NHS, or an organisation providing adult social care. Where an employer is not currently approved they can apply for a Sponsor Licence if they are eligible.

Your employer will be required to include a brief explanation in the Certificate of Sponsorship setting out how the employee meets the Health and Care Visa eligibility requirement. Where an employer is an organisation that provides services commissioned by the NHS, evidence of any contractual arrangements with the NHS may be required to be disclosed.

Your Certificate of Sponsorship must have been issued not more than 3 months before the date of your Health and Care Worker visa application.

Requirements for a Health and Care Worker Visa

In order to qualify for a Health and Care Worker Visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that:

  • - You are aged 18 or over;
  • - You are a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional;
  • - You work or will work in an eligible health or social care job, which falls within the list of approved occupation codes;
  • - You work or will work for a UK health and care sector employer that has been approved by the Home Office;
  • - You have a valid ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you have been offered;
  • - You are competent in the English language to at least CEFR Level B1 (equivalent to IELTS 4.0);
  • - You will be paid the minimum salary or the ‘going rate’ for the type of work you will be doing, whichever is higher;
  • - You have enough money to support yourself without relying on public funds;
  • - You have provided a criminal record certificate, if working with vulnerable people; and
  • - You have provided a valid TB certificate, if from a listed country.

The exact requirements you will need to satisfy will vary depending on your circumstances. You may want to speak to an immigration lawyer for expert advice

About Us
Wizzline Immigration Pvt Ltd is an Indian firm specialising in immigration and study consulting with Head office in Chandigarh. We are manpower recruiting company, authorised by Ministry of External Affairs (Government of India), serving globally for past 3 years.
Locate Us
About Us
Wizzline Immigration Pvt. Ltd. advising students wishing to study abroad. 'Total Solution' for students remains at the core. That means helping you right from the start when you probably do not know whether to study, what to study, where to study, how do you go about the process and beyond.
Quick Links

Contact Us

@2021 Wizzline Immigration Pvt. Ltd., All rights reserved. Website Designed By INDIADIALING.COM/ 9646-04-04-85